Thursday, October 8, 2015

Follow-Up

I was looking at my last post and this thought came to mind...

Last post started out...unknown to me and I just thought of the bridge from the theme song from this year's VBS...'unknown to us but known to Him'...repeat multiple times (wave arms around erratically.) Then I thought...Wow, that's it. Everything that is unknown or uncertain to us is completely known and completely certain to God. So why do we get all worked up about things? This seems revolutionary but because I'm a slow learner and a slow changer, it's going to take some time for this to seep into my brain and eventually make a difference in my life. 

This all stems back to that $50 word we use to describe God as omniscient. He is all-
completely knowledgeable about every subject matter that anyone could or has or will ever think of, great or small, minuscule or ginormous-knowing. We could ask God, so God have you ever thought about _______________? And His reply would be, Yes, I thought about that before I created anything. KA-BOOM!! 

Again, any superlative we could ever imagine calling God is so lacking because that superlative to infinity and beyond + whatever comes after that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of who God is. And those thoughts that so easily blow our minds to God it's a simple thanks in reply. 

What a mighty God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment