Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017

It's day 4 of 2017. There are 361 more days to go. I've had several ideas bouncing around my head about this first of the year post. God is doing His amazing work in my life and in the life of my family. We should be having a few changes coming within the next 2 months. After a long struggle with God over His direction for my life, I have yielded to His will and am being considered to be the next Director of Missions for Crossroads Baptist Association, which is our association we have been in the past 19.5 years. This is huge for me. I feel like I haven't stepped out in faith like this in a long time. I'm nervously excited as I anticipate the messengers' vote on February 7. Then if the vote is affirmative, I will begin serving 29 churches, instead of 1, on March 1.

I shared with our church last Sunday what God is doing in our life. Their reaction was so encouraging. They are so supportive although they are not wanting to see me leave my current ministry. No one likes change although we are constantly going through some kind of change. God has been constantly encouraging me and reminding of His plan for my life. I never dreamed I'd want to be a Director of Missions but, the last couple of months, once I surrendered to His plan, my mind has been bombarded with ideas that are beyond my scope of thought. I am thinking thoughts I'm not smart enough to think, or so it seems. 

I don't know if this will be my theme verse for the entire year but for now, Isaiah 43:19 is resonating with my whole being.

Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. 
Do you not see it? 
Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.

I have been reminded again of an old song...I may not know what the future holds but, I know who holds the future. So 2017, like every other year, is placed squarely in the hands of God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment