Tuesday, October 17, 2017

#YOLO

     I heard one of those ministry devotional minutes on the radio this morning. Actually, I didn't hear all of it but just a part. But that part got my attention. The lady said something along the lines of...if this was our only life then maybe we would have a reason to be hopeless. But this isn't our only life or maybe it is our only life but it doesn't end with our final breath. We are unique creations of God. Unlike plants and animals, we have life after life. As a Christian, I have this hope that this isn't the end. 
     YOLO (You Only Live Once) is a popular acronym today. So you should live it to the fullest. Anything goes because...YOLO. Maybe it should be YOLF (You Only Live Forever), so make the decision to follow Christ so that your eternity is at its fullest. Christ said, "I've come that you may have life and life to the fullest."  Just before that He said, "The thief comes to kill, steal and destroy..." Maybe YOLO is a ploy to concentrate solely on this life and ignore the eternity that awaits all of us.
    The lady who shared the radio spot reminded me that even on my worse days, this is not the end. I have a hope, a joy, a love, a Savior waiting for me. Not only waiting but I have all of this now...today. It's all part of the 'I've come that you may have life.' Life to the fullest here and hereafter. 
    Thank you, Father, for breathing your breath of life into my lungs and giving me more than just an existence but truly giving me LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment