Monday, May 11, 2020

Are You Tired Yet?

When we go on a long trip inevitably someone will ask, usually within the first hour of an 8 hour journey, 'are we there yet?'  We've been on this long COVID19 journey and I feel like asking, 'are you tired yet?' I know I am. Quarantining is exhausting. Quarantining is stressful. Quarantining is yucky at times. Some days it's hard to get motivated then, some nights it's hard to fall asleep because there's so much swarming, not related to murder hornets, around in my brain. These are different and difficult times. 

Here are a couple of reassuring thoughts.
    1. God is the same. He never changes. He's constant as the sunrise. He still loves. He still forgives. He still saves. He still hears. He still does everything that God has always done. 
    2. God calls us to Him. 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.' Matthew 11:28-30

Do you remember crawling into your parents' bed in the middle of the night because you couldn't fall asleep in your own bed? You'd snuggle up against mom or dad or you'd sprawl out between them almost pushing them out of bed and then quickly, quietly enter lala land. That is the same peaceful rest that your Father calls you to today, tomorrow, next week, next month, whenever. Hear Him say to you, 'Hey, (insert your name), come on into my room and find your peaceful, calming sleep. Rest for your body and rest for your soul and spirit as well. 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment