Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Day

Why is it that lately I am on the verge of tears? Life gets a little busy and all of a sudden I am overwhelmed. This is not impossible but it seems improbable. I just need to remember to breathe. That's the advice I give everyone else, now it applies to me. I feel like King David sometimes...How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death, lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him," lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken. But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD,because he has dealt bountifully with me. (Psalm 13) Maybe I haven't fully trusted in God's love. Although I want to be like David, I'm far from that. I am supposed to imitate Christ but I'm farther from Him than David. So maybe David is a good start. I believe that this is the key...Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:7-8) Gotta submit, resist, draw near, cleanse and purify. Why do these things seem so scary? I think it has to do with control. It may not seem like much but it's my own little world. It's a little chaotic but it's familiar. Why do I like the familiar so much? Why do I color inside the lines; think inside the box? It all stems back to the familiar. Contentment and complacency are not the same. Unfortunately, we have blurred the lines between these two or at least I have. I gotta let go. Why is it so easy to pray that for someone else and so hard to do myself? I pray that people will let go of whatever they are holding on to and cling fully on God, yet I keep clinging to the good things and putting off the best. God, please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment