Thursday, March 18, 2010

This Week

This week has been relatively uneventful. That's not a bad thing. I'm trying to learn to rest in God. I've been extra sleepy this week but I don't think that's the same. Conversations with family and friends remind me that God isn't required to work in all our lives the same. We see that in the Bible. Some many personalities but God didn't work in Moses' life like He did Abraham. You can go through the OT and the New and see definite signs of God's activity but the situations and the circumstances are varied. The constants are that God wants to have a REAL relationship with us & He wants to bring glory and honor to Himself. So, regardless of the situation you find yourself in, look for a way to give God glory and honor in and through it.

I love music. Those who know me know that quite well. I want to introduce to some of you some great modern day hymn writers, Keith & Kristyn Getty. They have written or co-written some amazing songs; the most popular being "In Christ Alone (My Hope Is Found)". You can check them out at www.gettymusic.com. I want to share a lesser known song with you that I love.

Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer
Words by Margaret Becker, Music by Keith Getty
Copyright 2002, Thankyou Music

Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labour through the storm
You have called me to this passage
And I'll follow, though I'm worn

May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing
With Your likeness let me wake

Jesus guide me through the tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure
When the midnight meets the morning
Let me love You even more

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within in me as I go
And at the end of this long passage
Let me leave them at Your throne

Wrap your brain around that for a while. Wow. Leaves me speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment