Monday, March 15, 2010

Thoughts from the Weekend

We had a great weekend. Friday night, Bonnie and I went out last minute shopping for Jeromy's birthday. We had a great meal at Outback. Fun shopping. And some serious conversation on the way home. Where do we go from here? How do we move our passions, words & convictions into action? After getting Jeromy to bed, I helped get ready for the party on Saturday typing scavenger hunt clues and wrapping presents. In bed by 2 AM.

Saturday we had a great birthday party for Jeromy who turned 8 (yes, 8). It was an all boys party + Dani. The LEGO Scavenger Hunt led us throughout the house, to the church and back home. Jeromy got several LEGO sets. (I hope they don't get mixed up.) A LEGO DVD & a LEGO Indiana Jones Video game. Plus a Gator T-shirt, walkie talkies, handcuffs, books, Pistachio Veggie Tale DVD, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle DVD (the old 80s cartoon version) and other stuff I can't remember. Needless to say, he made out like a bandit.

I am so thankful for my 'Cowboy'. I know that he is one of the reasons we have been able to move forward. He is sooo active and fun. His excitement for birthdays, Christmas & life in general exhausts me sometimes but also keeps me going. I don't know what I'd do without him. Which sounds strange since I never imagined what I'd do without Kayla or Alicia either. I still wonder what we are doing without them.

Sunday was a great day of worship. Sunday evening Bro. Don went off script & we had an impromptu prayer meeting. Several people shared prayer requests which we lifted up to the Father immediately. A couple of times Bro. Don asked for different people to come and surround the people who had requests and pray. It was a great experience. We closed the evening with Bro. Don asking our youth to come to the front of the church and then the rest of the congregation to come and surround them and we pray for them, over them. Our youth are great. Several of them are already feeling God's call to missions. It was a privilege for me to lead out in praying for them. I've recently reconnected with some high school friends for the first time in over 25 years. My high school life, though crazy for me at times, was a walk in the park compared to what our students face today.

God, thank You for all the ordinary events of life that I have so often taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment