Friday, October 29, 2010

Quiet Month

     Well, it's been a relatively quiet month in my blog world. The reason is pretty simple, I've been sick the last 2 weeks. Appendix removed Oct. 17. It was a distraction from Alicia's birthday. Bonnie said maybe I should have surgery each year on the girls' birthdays. Ummm...NO. Back in the ER on Oct. 23, no BM in 7 days is PAINFUL. More so than the appendix. NO FUN AT ALL. Enemas are enemies.
     I missed the Missouri Baptist Convention earlier this week. I watched much of it online. I was so proud of Sarah Miller as she made an amendment to the motion from the Executive Board to change the name of HLG to University of Hannibal. Her amendment changed the name from HLG College to HLG University. It passed by a 60+% margin. Yay Sarah! On Wednesday morning I missed one of my best friends and former pastor/co-laborer, Wesley Hammond, being nominated and winning the race for 1st VP of the MBC. I am very glad for Wesley. He is a true leader, a man of God with wisdom beyond his years.
     Bonnie was at the MBC because of her role as State MSC Coordinator. She spent many hours on her feet at her booth in the exhibit hall. Because of this, I spent 3 1/2 days by myself recuperating and resting.  I watched High School Musical and rested and watched the Santa Clause Trilogy and rested and watched Scooby-Doo and rested and watched Over the Hedge and rested and watched the Fantastic 4: Rise of the SIlver Surfer and rested and watched Mark Schultz in Concert and rested. I also spent time during my waking hours playing Family Feud on Facebook and playing Madden 2008 on my laptop. There were also extended periods of time in the bathroom. Those were eventful but not noteworthy. I also listened to music. I catalogued my music in EXCEL files on my computer. The music on my laptop that is, there are other CDs in cabinets that aren't on my computer. Not many, but a few. God and I talked. Truth be known I talked more than listened. I have questions, doubts, praises, thanksgiving, misgivings, concerns, confirmations, confusions, & wonderings. I had a few revelations about myself. Some were good, others not so much.  As I looked back over my postings here I've realized that not only am I chasing God's heart, He, too, is chasing mine. His heart isn't difficult to catch, although, I'm afraid, there are times when mine seems to be. One of these days I hope to be able to express all this in clear and understandable ways. That will happen when I have clear understanding myself.
     Unless something eventful happens this weekend, I will return sometime in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment