Thursday, February 24, 2011

It Is Well with My Soul

Well, on this day in 2008, we had the girls' visitation at the church. We were overwhelmed at the outpouring of love that night. The night ended with a God moment. After most everyone had left we were still milling around the sanctuary. I was looking at the picture collages that Regina had put together. They were amazing. As I was heading back toward the front of the church, I found myself surrounded by a family we met through homeschooling. The father put his arm on my shoulder and they began singing IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. It was an incredible moment because that was the song that was on my heart as I rushed to the accident site 3 days earlier. It was also the song I couldn't seem to sing. I didn't sing any songs in those 3 days. But as the harmonies swelled throughout that beautiful sanctuary, I was able to join in on the 2nd verse through to the end. Our voices blended together perfectly. You could hear each breath in between phrases and the words echoing off the walls. It was one of the most moving moments of worship I have ever experienced. As the last note faded, it was quiet for what seemed like an eternity. Then we wiped our eyes and went home. 


Here's Selah's version of the song...it's not acappella but it's one of the best arrangements I've heard.



No comments:

Post a Comment