Sunday, February 20, 2011

More Than You Know...

    Recent conversation..."I don't know what to say to you or even if I should say anything. I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and your family and I'm praying for you." I want you to know that that means more to us than you may know. 
    Bonnie and I both have our places for expressing what we're thinking, mine is here, hers is on Facebook. We don't post to get reactions, we post to get thoughts out and to hopefully encourage others.We all face death. Either we've been through it, we're going through, or we will go through it. That's the reality of life.We don't like talking about it though. We may or may not be "scared" of death; that depends on our experiences. Sometimes I think with all our "reality" media that we are numbed to the reality of death. But we know that it happens. No, it's not easy. No, it's not fun. But, yes, it is real. If there is a "cool" side to death it's when people we know and love have a real relationship with Jesus Christ. It's only then that death loses it's sting.
    Then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 15:54b-57
  

No comments:

Post a Comment