Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh What a Beautiful Day

I ended my blog abruptly this morning 'cause it was time to leave with Rich to head to our conference in IL. Went to one of Rich's kids home where he fixed a bathroom sink and a clothes dryer in like, 15 minutes. May have taken me 15 days to do that. Then we went to his home in Wood River where we loaded some more of their stuff on a trailer and set other stuff out for a yard sale tomorrow. It wasn't what I had planned but I really didn't have a plan other than being with Rich and his family until we got to the hotel. I helped put stuff in the back of his truck and in the trailer. It was a 2 hour ordeal. It wasn't that big a deal for me because it was a beautiful day. Some time after 6 Rich asked if I wanted to eat dinner with some of their friends or go to the hotel. I choose the hotel. Although I am very comfortable with Rich and his family, really didn't want to be a fifth wheel. So we headed to Litchfield. I thought it'd take 30 mins or so and Rich could make it back for dinner. The drive was very beautiful. There were rolling hills and farm land. One part of the road was canopied with trees. Wow. The ride took longer than I expected. Didn't get to the hotel until after 7. Rich decided not to go back and got permission from his wife to do so. We went out to eat at a local steak house. It was very good. I am loving getting to know my new pastor. He has great stories and a unique sense of humor. We are definitely working toward an 'as iron sharpens iron' kind of relationship. He's the main sharpener at this time and I am the sharpenee. Overall it has been a very good day. I don't know all I'm in store for tomorrow as I go to this Relational Discipleship Conference. I am doing my best to be open. Going back to this morning's blog...I am thankful to be an American. It is not a right, it is a blessing. I had no part in choosing where I would be born. One of the things MyPraiseFM is promoting is a mission trip to Ethiopia this September. They've been talking about the sanitary conditions there which added to my ponderings of living without shoes. Jeromy can run around the yard and into the road barefoot. I am amazed and again very thankful. Thank you God is not spoken lightly today. Good night all and be thankful...you can pick what you're thankful for but be thankful and then give thanks to Jehovah Jireh, our Provider!

No comments:

Post a Comment