Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3rd Prayer

i thank you, Jesus, for becoming a human being
So i don't have to pretend or try to be God
i thank you, Jesus, for becoming finite and limited
So i don't have to pretend that i am infinite and limitless
i thank you, Jesus, for becoming mortal
So i don't have to try to make myself immortal
i thank you, Jesus, for becoming inferior
So i don't have to pretend that I am superior to anyone
i thank you, Jesus, for being crucified outside the walls
For being expelled and excluded like sinners and outcasts
So you can meet me where i feel i am
Outside the walls of worthiness
i thank you, Jesus, for forgiving my sins
So i don't have to try to forgive myself
i thank you, Jesus, for rising from the dead
So i can have hope beyond the grave
i thank you, Jesus, for all that you are
So that i can be all you have created me to be

No comments:

Post a Comment