Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

If you follow my blog, you know I've started walking...on week 5 now. There are a couple of things I'm enjoying as I walk. One...is the beautiful country scenery around me. Today was I walked outside I looked up and noticed a perfectly blue sky with absolutely no clouds. I did a quick 360 and there were no clouds anywhere. What a sight. A couple of days ago as I walked to the east it was cloudy with the sun peeking through what looked like 2 eyeballs and to the west blue skies with wispy clouds. Just B-U-T-full. The number B thing...I love is the time to pray for my family and friends. Today there were 2 or 3 people on my mind in particular and I was thankful to have the opportunity to intercede on their behalf. Letter 3...I listen to music as I walk. Within the first week of walking I rediscover MyPraiseFM in Oklahoma. (Google it, it's good...mellow but good) The week of Easter they played songs all about Holy Week, the cross and resurrection. They played some classics from Steve Green, Sandi Patty and others. It was very inspiring to hear the Greatest Story Ever Told through songs. Their Morning Show with Andy and Jenn. is fun to listen to and quite inspiring at times. Most mornings I hear a great song that stays with me throughout the day. The fourth thing...I enjoy about walking is it has given me time to think. Not that my life is so hectic that I can't think but this is uninterrupted think time. So, as I was walking and praying and looking and listening and thinking, (Guys can multitask) down our dirt and gravel road, this thought crossed my mind...I wonder what it's like in many countries around the world who have to walk their streets, roads, beaten paths without shoes. I know I would have a hard time with that because my feet, like most of me, aren't very tough. We seen mission videos over the years emphasizing the importance of foot care in less fortunate places on this globe. Today those were brought back to my memory. I am so grateful for shoes. God help those who don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment