Sunday, November 28, 2010

Imagine a World Without Christmas

Christmas has been my favorite time of year for as long as I can remember. I love the sights and sounds of Christmas. Being a Music Minister, I can get Christmas music as early as June and I like hearing all the different musicals that come out every year. I enjoy seeing all the lights and the decorations that come with the holiday. But it was brought to my attention that I have lost some of that wonder, that joy of the Season. You know life happens and it leaves its mark on you. It wasn't my plan or desire especially at Christmas to lose feeling for it. Sometimes you may just want to skip the hassle and the busyness of this season we call Christmas. Imagine a world without Christmas. Imagine a world with no Christmas parties, no carols, no gifts under the tree, no egg nog, no cute nativity plays and no warm family gatherings by the fireside. Name the most important thing to you about Christmas, or the Christmas season, and then take it away. What would life be like without Christmas? A long and uninterrupted period of cold and darkness, with no spark of warmth or pleasure. So now I am making a conscious effort to find the wonder of a child for Christmas. To look around every corner for the joy that the Savior brings. 'Tis the season can lose its shine if we let it. So, early on this Christmas season I am choosing to look for the wonder, the mystery, the majesty, the splendor that is CHRISTMAS. Celebrating Immanuel, God with us because He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment