Saturday, November 13, 2010

Superhero

We watched MEGAMIND in the theater today. OK movie. Not sure why they made it 3D. Watching the INCREDIBLES now. Saw an OK superhero movie, thought we needed to see a great one. Ever wish you had some kind of super human traits. Super strength, the ability to fly, disappear, laser vision. I have a scar on my shin from trying to fly like Superman off of a metal lawnchair when I was under the age of 6.  I remember towels pinned around my neck with clothespins. Wanting to be super. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I remember those days, but then I thought about something Jesus said. He'll mess with your mind if you listen to Him. Remember these words? “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father." John 14:12. Greater works than Jesus? Is it posisble? Unlike the superhero movie though, it's not for our glory. Nothing we do is for our glory. All that we do, all that we are, everything is FOR HIS GLORY! Pretty sure that trumps superhero powers. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. "Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Phil 2:3-11. Thank You, God, that You have given us all that we need to serve You. Help us to use what you've given us for Your glory. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment