Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mind Boggling

I'm reading Max Lucado's book "It's Not About Me". These paragraphs have floored me...
     Your world extends beyond...time. A foreverness woos you. Your heavenly life Everests the pebbles of your earthly life. If grains of sand measured the two, how would they stack up? Heaven would be every grain of sand on every beach on earth, plus more. Earthly life, by contrast, would be one hundredth of one grain of sand. 
     "Our light affliction, which is but for a MOMENT, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." 2 Corinthians 4:17
     What if we took the same attitude toward life? What if we saw our tough times as a grain of sand scarcely worthy of contrast with the forever dunes?
     We can be sick for JUST A MOMENT.
     We can be lonely for JUST A MOMENT.
     We can be persecuted for JUST A MOMENT.
     We can struggle for JUST A MOMENT.
     Can't we?
     Can't we wait for our peace? It's not about us anyway. And it's certainly not about NOW.
I know these things in my mind. Getting them to my heart and actually shaping who I am seems to be another thing altogether. Maybe I'll get it in a...moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment